• Hi, I have the following problem:

After upgrade to 3.5.1 (manual upgrade) I cannot add new posts and pages anymore.
    When I create a new post and save a draft the message appears “post draft updated” correctly, never the less going to preview of the post results in 404 error.

In the post overview this posts show up in the total number in the header (eg. All (102) | Published (72) | Drafts (30)) but do not exist as a line within the list

This problem does not exist for posts and drafts created before the migration to 3.5.1. View or preview of these posts works fine.

I already tried:
    – disabling all plugins
    – changing the themes
    – changing the the permanent link set-up
    – deleting and replacing .htaccess

nothing worked.

Any advise?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Have you tried:

– switching to the default 2012 theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.

– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘404 for new posts and pages after implementation of 5.3.1’ is closed to new replies.