Not a new problem, but after reading posts I am still stuck. I am woking on a intranet and have a working MySQL with PHP IIS server on XP. Installation went as described until log-in. I can view main index and link around, but when I link to the log-in and enter admin/password and then get the 404 page not found. I have done all the suggested fixes I could find.
1) cleared cookies. This lets the log-in page re-appear with the blank form. Fill it out, submit and back to 404. I have checked my cookies folder and there is a WP cookie with a string of random stuff.
2) cleared temp cache. got a good chunk of my drive back, but no fix.
3) In wp-login.php replaced $user_login = $user_data[‘user_login’]; with $user_login = $user_data->user_login; . Even downloaded and installed the updated wp_login.php file from rboren. Nope.
4) Changed password via phpMyAdmin with a simple one that I hashed with http://bfl.rctek.com/tools/?tool=hasher.
I have done all a couple of times.
My final idea is that I noticed after submitting the admin/password the borwser url is: http://localhost/WPSite/wp-admin/ with the 404. wp-admin is a directory so it should load the index.php in it. The site does load http://localhost/WPSite/ with out a problem and I have checked the server config and it has index.php as a default document. So it shouldn’t be a server problem, but if there is a chance what I would like to try is making the sumit link explicit with the full http://localhost/WPSite/wp-admin/index.php but I am not very strong on php or the WP files to edit this. Otherwise I am lost, tired and hungry. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘404 file not found after log-in submit.’ is closed to new replies.