Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I am encountering this same issue.

We are also having the same problem with our events not showing after the last version update (2.1.1), running on WP 3.9.1 with Living OS theme. We tried the usual disabling of other plugins with no impact, as well as deactivating and reactivating ai1ec.

We can still see events fine from the front end, and the ai1ec shortcode and calendar feed widgets display properly, but when you click on More or Read On links you get a blank 404 error page. I’m attaching a screengrab compilation of the three screens to show these examples in case this helps.

Having the same problem. I think it is because they changed the single event alias from /ai1ec_event to /event.

Any solution for this???

Thanks.

Okay. Looks like it was a caching issue for me. Cleared my cache and it works now.

Settings –> Permalinks —> Save Settings (withour any changes) works for me

Thread Starter fairmediacouncil

(@fairmediacouncil)

ww_hoax thank you. That worked for me as well.

(Settings –> Permalinks —> Save Settings (without any changes)

Thanks for the suggestions AnyOldName and ww_hoax, but sadly neither of those fixes seemed to make any difference. Anyone else found a solution to this yet, other than rolling back to an earlier version?

There is an issue that affects some people saving settings: See https://time.ly/forums/topic/settings-errors-on-latest-update-2-1-1/page/2/#post-135175

Note: This issue is due to either the MySQL database or the PHP Database layer not supporting Unicode (UTF8) in queries. You may want to talk to your host as more and more code will be using unicode in the future.

I’m getting a “500 Internal Server Error” on ALL PAGES in the site whenever the plugin is active now. Have to deactivate. Help!

Ok, just tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling. Refreshed, and the site was ok. Everything was fine, UNTIL I ADDED an Event! Now I get the “500 Internal Server Error” on ALL PAGES in the site again!!!

As soon as I unpublished the event (saved as draft), the error stopped. There is nothing odd about the event I published. I tried a bunch of different settings for the event, as well as the plugin settings, to see if one particular thing affected it, but nothing helped.

500 errors usually indicate a memory limitation. Use a plugin like WP-Memory-Usage to confirm your PHP memory limits. See https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-memory-usage/

I recommend AT LEAST 16MB more than you use on average, with 32M being better. Most installs work fine with a limit of 128M, which is now the default for 5.2.1+ (some hosts reduce it to save on memory).

Note: I advise using a plugin to check, as this will see any limits imposed on WordPress at all levels (including in wp-config.php), not just what your host says your limit is.

Hi, for me the 404 where caused by the translations files (.PO & .MO) :
    In french language “event” is translated by “événement”. The problem is that this translation is used by AI1C to create the events URL : An URL with accent does not work ! So i solved it by modifying the “event” word in the .PO & MO. then also cleared my differents caches ans rebuild the permalink and all went fine.
    But i think timely should add a check before calculating the URL…
    Hope this will be usefull.

if you are using tribe_events post type and facing 404 on single event view just use this code and past in functions.php

`function search_filter($query) {
    if ( !is_admin() && $query->is_main_query() ) {

$query->set(‘post_type’, ‘tribe_events’);

}
    }
    $r=explode(“/”,$_SERVER[“REQUEST_URI”]);
    if(in_array(‘event’, $r))
    add_action(‘pre_get_posts’,’search_filter’);

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘404 errors when clicking on all events after update’ is closed to new replies.