Support » Plugin: Breadcrumb NavXT » 404 errors on woo products

• Hi, after installing Breadcrumb NavXT on https://tropehagen.no/?v=c2f3f489a005 (multisite), we have experienced a lot of 404 on products when visitors click the products. The permalinks are set to post name in common settings and custom base on product permalinks. When we reset the permalinks to the same, the links work again, but after a while the start misfunctioning again, and this is very bad since the site runs a lot of product feeds thru affiliate links etc. It could be a plugin conflict, but I tried deactivating all other plugins and activating them one by one without detecting any change. Do you know of any known conflicts for this?
    Run on latest WP/php 7.4.3

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Plugin Author John Havlik

(@mtekk)

For clarification, are the links that lead to 404s in the breadcrumb trail from Breadcrumb NavXT, or are these links from elsewhere on the site? Breadcrumb NavXT uses the standard WordPress API to get the links used in the breadcrumbs in the breadcrumb trail. If the links are leading to 404s, then for some reason the WordPress API is generating an invalid link. As to the installation/activation of Breadcrumb NavXT impacting this, I don’t know of anything in the plugin that would or could do that.

Additionally, given the described behavior of this being a problem that seems to “build with time”, it sounds like there may be a caching issue of some sorts on the site that is the ultimate cause of this behavior. I suspect that the installation of Breadcrumb NavXT and the appearance of this behavior is more of a coincidental relationship rather than causal relationship. As to how this is actually happening, I’m slightly at a loss. I guess I’d start by looking at the server logs to see if something interesting is appearing there. After that, I’d focus on any code that is dealing with permalink registration/query argument manipulation.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.