• Resolved mikecav

(@mikecav)

Hello all,
    I apologize if this is a duplicate topic. I searched for a similar problem but possibly didn’t go back deep enough.

Anyway, a couple of updates ago I began to get 404 errors within my site. I hadn’t changed anything to do with the permalinks. It seemed to start right after Yoast updated a couple of updates ago. Even with brand new pages I create, there’s a 404 error whenever I try to share the link, such as this one: http://www.freeroamingphotography.com/galleries/ariz/grca/nkap/

It seems to work fine for me and I don’t see any errors, but everyone else seems to be having trouble viewing it and I have no idea how many visitors this is affecting. A (sort of) fix seemed to be changing the permalink structure to something else, then switching back, so if that link winds up working that’s why, but it’s a rather inconvenient fix.

Thank you in advance!

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter mikecav

(@mikecav)

Anyone?

Thread Starter mikecav

(@mikecav)

Can anyone at least tell me how to submit a bug report? This is very frustrating and inconvenient.

Did you solve the problem? How did you do?

Thread Starter mikecav

(@mikecav)

I’m still having trouble. I kinda gave up on it.

Plugin Support amboutwe

(@amboutwe)

We are having a hard time reproducing this issue so we really need your help. If you have a few moments to spare, would you please provide us with some information about your WordPress setup. We are well aware that is an unusual request but I sure hope you’re willing to help us solve this. Here is a list of additional information that may be helpful while we investigate this issue:

1. Have you performed a conflict check? If not, please do so. Did you discover a conflict?
    2. Does the issue occur when using a default theme with only Yoast SEO Premium active?
    3. Does the issue occur with the current version of WordPress?
    4. Does the issue occur with the current version of Yoast SEO?
    5. Is the issue specific to a certain part of your site, like posts, products, categories, etc?
    Thread Starter mikecav

(@mikecav)

Believe it or not I have trouble reproducing it too, not because it doesn’t happen consistently, but because I don’t experience the 404 errors. So checking for conflicts is unfortunately very difficult since I’d have to get an outside party to help me figure it out while I reactivate each plugin. I typically only know it’s still going on when I try to share a new gallery (for example) when I share it to Facebook and Facebook itself gives me a 404 error. Other times I’m simply told on another platform that someone else is getting the same error.

My WordPress and Yoast are all up-to-date and updated as soon as I see an update available.

It seems to be affecting by a permalink setting, though I’m not really sure where to start.

If you have an idea for how to troubleshoot it, such as sharing a new gallery with you before making it public, or something similar, I’d be up for helping out that way.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Errors’ is closed to new replies.