• Resolved bluebit

(@bluebit)

So, im trying to test the plugin myself, created a fake order and made it completed, then logged into my account to submit a review with a photo, upon submitting it goes to the 404 error page. wp-comments-post.php

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Author cusrev

(@ivole)

Thanks for trying my plugin!

Can you please tell me what is the size of the photo you tried to upload?

Thread Starter bluebit

(@bluebit)

700×560 100kb

Plugin Author cusrev

(@ivole)

Interesting. Can you please share URL of the product page, so that I can try myself?

Thread Starter bluebit

(@bluebit)

https://wildlatina.co/product/cindy/

Sure, just quickly create an account on the top right corner of the webpage is a button called registarte, that means register, the site is in spanish. Order a product, there is an option called Pago en Entrega, that means pay cash on delivery. I’ll automatically make the order completed so you can submit a review with a photo.

Plugin Author cusrev

(@ivole)

I tried uploading a small picture (size 37kb) and it worked fine. Then, I tried uploading a larger picture (size 696kb) and received 404 error. So, the problem is related to your web server configuration.

You should contact your hosting provider support and ask them to increase the limit on the size of uploaded files.

Thread Starter bluebit

(@bluebit)

I’m actually thinking of going to a VPS with Vultr, but dont know how to install the lets encrypt ssl, so frustrating.

Thread Starter bluebit

(@bluebit)

that way im in more control of the website, i dont like shared servers anymore

Plugin Author cusrev

(@ivole)

Yes, VPS is usually a better option than shared hosting.

Have you tried speaking to the technical support of your hosting provider? Perhaps, they can increase the limit on the size of uploaded files and then you will be able to attach photos of larger sizes to reviews.

Thread Starter bluebit

(@bluebit)

i’ll give it a try, but im planning on moving the site to a VPS if I can learn how to do it properly. hey so for the image uploader that you used, is it possible to upload more than 1 pic?, like 3-5 pics? And when will it be possible to upload a video. Should i tell my host to increase the limit so its possible to even upload videos?

Plugin Author cusrev

(@ivole)

Yes, it is possible to upload up to 3 pictures with one review.

I don’t have an exact estimate when I will implement upload of video because it is technically more difficult than upload of pictures. There are different video formats and I need to figure out how to embed a video player with reviews. It will be coming with one of future updates but not soon.

Thread Starter bluebit

(@bluebit)

awesome, can’t wait for video, maybe html5 video player like what they have at videojs.com

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error when submitting review’ is closed to new replies.