Support » Installing WordPress » 404 Error When Running Install Script

• Resolved baemiller

(@baemiller)

I am trying to install 3.0.1 on the JustHost server. I uploaded the files manually, since they only have 3.0. When I ran the install script, it gave me a 404 Error Page Not Found. Any ideas, anyone?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • URL?

May be you have uploaded the files to a sub directory.

I checked with the host before install. The public_html directory is the root. That’s where I put it.

Can you please give URL pf your site.

Sure. It’s http://hungryhappyhealthy.com. I’m a little confused now, though. When I just typed in the address without the /wp-admin/install.php it brought up the next page “Create a Configuration File.” Does that mean it installed and for some reason I didn’t need to type the /wp-admin/install.php? Can you tell I’m a newbie? : )

So I clicked on “Create a Configuration File” and it gave me another 404 Error. I also tried http://www.hungryhappyhealthy.com but get the same results. Anymore ideas?

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator 🚀

Your /wp-admin/ directory appears to either be missing, misnamed, or uploaded to the wrong directory. Either way, the /wp-admin/ directory isn’t where it’s supposed to be. Try downloading WordPress again and upload the directory.

The /wp-admin/ directory is in the /wp-content/ directory. Is that not where it is supposed to be?

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator 🚀

No, it’s supposed to be outside of the /wp-content/ directory, just like it when you download WordPress.

When I unzipped the file, it came up with a /wp-content and /wp-includes folder along with 25 other miscellaneous files. Inside the /wp-content directory is /wp-admin, /plugins, and /themes. The /wp-includes also has several subfolders in it as well. Does this mean there was a problem with unzipping or did I somehow skip a step?

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator 🚀

Yeah, something went wrong when you unzipped the file. Here’s how it should look:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/3.0.1

Okay, fixed that problem. Now it won’t recognize my database information.

I just removed and re-made the MySQL database. Tried all the info again and it still doesn’t recognize it. What could I be missing?

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator 🚀

Double check the info you’re entering with your hosting provider. 90% of the time, the DB_HOST value is wrong.

I emailed them and they told me to use DB_host. Didn’t work.

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator 🚀

Lol, DB_Host is the variable in need of defining, not the definition. That would be like me telling you that “First Name” is my first name. I recommend asking them again. Maybe you’ll get someone who knows what they’re doing this time.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error When Running Install Script’ is closed to new replies.