Support » Plugin: Web Stories » 404 error when publishing the web story page

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Support Luckyna San

(@luckynasan)

@vinznsk Hi there! Thank you for reaching out with your topic. Let’s gather a few more details to try and determine the cause.

1) Are you able to access the Permalink from the Stories Editor Document Panel?

2) Could you try to reset the permalink structure by going your WP Settings > Permalinks > clicking save without changing anything?

Next, set the Web Stories to Public and update the post once more.

3) We could check if there is a plugin/theme conflicting with the URL structure. If possible, could you briefly temporarily disable the theme to check if you are able to reach the Stories URL?

Thread Starter Alex

(@vinznsk)

Hi Luckyna,

Thank you for a quick response.

1) Are you able to access the Permalink from the Stories Editor Document Panel?

Yes, unless it’s not published. So the link like that: https://vegan4k.com/?post_type=web-story&p=2480 works, but when I publish it shows 404 even if I click on that from the backend (story editor)

2) Could you try to reset the permalink structure by going your WP Settings > Permalinks > clicking save without changing anything?

Tried that, didn’t help 🙁

3) We could check if there is a plugin/theme conflicting with the URL structure. If possible, could you briefly temporarily disable the theme to check if you are able to reach the Stories URL?

Tried Twenty Twenty-One theme. Didn’t work as well.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Alex.
    Plugin Support Luckyna San

(@luckynasan)

@vinznsk I was able to access your Web Story without a 404, could you confirm if you are still seeing this issue?

Thread Starter Alex

(@vinznsk)

I think it works now. I removed all custom types and disabled all plugins. Looks like a plugin conflict somewhere.

Thanks for your help, it seems like problem solved.

Plugin Support Luckyna San

(@luckynasan)

@vinznsk Good to hear. I appreciate your follow-up! We’ll mark this topic as resolved then. Should you require any additional support please feel free to open a new support topic and we’ll gladly assist.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error when publishing the web story page’ is closed to new replies.