• Resolved bcolmone

(@bcolmone)

I am getting a 404 error when I try to place a bid. I’ve seen some previous threads on this topic that recommend disabling other plugins, but that did not solve the issue for me. This is the error I’m receiving:

“Not Found

“The requested URL /home/cc1046/public_html/KSR/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-auction was not found on this server.

“Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

I was able to make bids when I first tested this out back in May, but now I’m getting the error. Any ideas?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-auction/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author Nitesh

(@nitesh_singh)

Hi,

This error occurs when Ajax request for plugin is broken and the irony is that it might have broken due to other plugin or few other WP dependencies. Please co-ordinate via email to nitesh[at]auctionplugin.net in fixing it.

Cheers,
    Nitesh

Plugin Author Nitesh

(@nitesh_singh)

There were 2 issues with the site:

1. 500 internal server error:

After debugging this issue here is what I found:
    Actually, a file wp-includes/functions.php on the site was broken. My assumption is that WordPress was being upgraded to the latest version and the file was not copied completely while upgrading. After upgrade the current version of WP is 3.9.1. So, what I did, I downloaded the new version of WP 3.9.1 on my system and compared the broken functions.php with the new functions.php in my local set up and found that some piece of codes were missing, so I uploaded the new functions.php under wp-includes directory and renamed older (broken) one to ‘functions-old’. The 500 error is not shown now.

I would like to delete that broken file though. I think no one would have done changes in that core file, so client will not loose any code, hopefully. It is not theme’s functions.php rather WP functions.php, so I’m sure that no changes would be there and we can remove that but before removing I just wanted to make sure this thing from client that no edits has been done in WP core. In fact, a better idea would be to re upgrade the WP again, if in case any other file has been missed (however, I don’t think so as everything is working fine now). If client wishes to re udgrade the system to avoid any kind of risk, he can do that from here http://duarto.com/wp-admin/update-core.php

2. 404 error placing bid

Site is using a custom template builder. Our shortcode is working fine with WP editor. But, User has used that shortcode in a section provided by page builder. Also, she has put some texts, escape characters i.e. ”\”‘,
    tags. These all things are creating conflict with the code.

We have moved auction shortcode from that custom template to the WP editor and now it works.

Cheers,
    Nitesh

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error when placing bid’ is closed to new replies.