• Seems throughout the day my blog seems to show 404 page errors with no pattern. I have to manually change the permalinks from /blog/%scategory%/%postname%/ to default, then back to /blog/%scategory%/%postname%/ in order to fix the permalink issue.

This has been a problem for us for the past six months, and our site gets 10k views a day. While that is not a lot, it does give us a huge problem when at certain periods of the day we have a huge issue where none of our Posts work, yet Pages continue to work fine.

I have extensive conversation on this issue at this post (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3506130/wordpress-permalinks-not-staying) where I have narrowed a few things down, and at this point I believe the sCategory Permalink is the issue. I need help understanding what is causing this issue, and more importantly fixing this so it never happens again.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Would help to know what is in your .htaccess
    Also is this Apache or IIS? Could be a server issue.

Thread Starter mibsolutionsllc

(@mibsolutionsllc)

it is on apache

here is htaccess (http://pastebin.com/hsFSn5D3)

There are several things in .htaccess I do not like but as you state (in other forum) you can not test, then you need to leave it alone.

What you need is:
    1) Go into the database in wp_options/rewrite_rules
    and then save the value into a text file.
    2) NExt time you have the issue, go back there and save the option value into another text file. Compare the result.
    If different, then its (probably the plugin) overiding or resetting the rules you are setting.

Thread Starter mibsolutionsllc

(@mibsolutionsllc)

Do you have any ideas on how I can fix the sCategory plugin as many people online seem to think that is the issue which is causing my problems.

You need someone to take re-write the plugin or start one from scratch. I don’t need one like this anymore and had nothing to do with that one other than using it a couple of times. And since we write these plugins for basically nothing, you better have a convicing argument for someone…..

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error Problems with sCategory Permalink plugin’ is closed to new replies.