• Dear team,

Once users register using your plugin in this page (/register) they are redirected to 404 page. And some users cannot even access login page (/login/).

However, I have settings properly done in admin > ultimate member > settings > pages, and pages are enabled.

Would you please help? I can provide you my wordpress credentials privately if needed. BTW I am using latest wordpress version 5.2

Thanks!
    JOan

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Moderator Jan Dembowski

(@jdembowski)

Forum Moderator and Brute Squad

Would you please help? I can provide you my wordpress credentials privately if needed.

Side note: @joancornet Do not offer that. That could get the author and other’s banned. It’s a big deal here and not permitted.

If the author takes you up on that, they will get into real trouble. Had they asked that (they did not) this would have been my reply to them.

I’ve deleted your offer to login to your user’s site. I’m am 100% sure you mean well but please never ask for credentials. I have flagged your account temporarily. That just means that your post will need to be approved and @ notifications from you will not work.

https://wordpress.org/support/guidelines/#the-bad-stuff

Now for the why: The internet is a wonderful place full of very nice people and a few very bad ones. I’m sure everyone here is very nice however, by giving some ones keys to your house you are trusting they wont steal anything. Likewise the person who takes the keys is now responsible for the house FOREVER.

If something was to go wrong, then you the author may well legally become liable for damages, which they would not normally have been as their software is provided without warranty.

Please be aware that repeatedly asking for credentials will result in us asking you to repeatedly stop before escalating up to the plugins team.

It’s not necessary and never permitted.

Thread Starter joancornet

(@joancornet)

Hi @jdembowski , thanks for your warning, I was not aware of this.

Dear Utimate Member team, any idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks
    Joan

Plugin Support Ultimate Member Support

(@ultimatemembersupport)

Hi

Can you please go to the Ultimate member -> User roles -> your default user role e.g. Member and check what redirect do you have in Registration options – Action to be taken after registration.

This issue can be also caused by some conflicts with your theme or one of your plugins.
    Please do a quick conflict test so we can rule out any conflicts and see if this issue goes away. Here is the doc on how to do a conflict test if you are not sure how to do it.

Regards.

Thread Starter joancornet

(@joancornet)

HI @ultimatemembersupport ,

Answering to your question, Registration options are (translating from Spanish, English version might be different)
    1. Register status: Automatic approval
    2. Action after registration: Redirect to profile

However, I noticed that in the default profile assigned to members (ie. Author), within Profile Access section (UM > user roles > role), “can this role make his private profile” was unticket…not sure if this may be related to the issue.

Looking forward for your comments.
    Thanks
    Joan

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error page after registering’ is closed to new replies.