• Resolved dspaete

(@dspaete)

Just as a hint:

Using a customized html form as direct input on the “Subscription page” is currently not a good idea due to this line in subscription.php which makes it impossible to have the form’s action attribute something like http://www.domain.tld/?na=s:

$message = str_ireplace('<form', '<form method="post" action="' . plugins_url('newsletter/do/subscribe.php') . '" onsubmit="return newsletter_check(this)"', $message);

Saving the custom form in the custom forms section and using the short code {subscription_form_1} on the subscription page works great.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Stefano Lissa

(@satollo)

Hi, the problem of the old /do/ action url should have been solved. Where did you find it? Probably I missed to correct it everywhere.

Thank you, Stefano.

Thread Starter dspaete

(@dspaete)

Hi Stefano,

it’s in /wp-content/plugins/newsletter/subscription/subscription.php line 1852. Maybe it has to be kept due to backwards compatibility. As I said: It’s not a big problem and using custom forms instead provides more flexibility on the top. I just wanted to help others who might have the same problem.

Cheers, Dominik

Plugin Author Stefano Lissa

(@satollo)

Hi, thank you. Actually it was already corrected bu not published, this is why I was missing it!

Thank you, Stefano.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error on subscription’ is closed to new replies.