WordPress.org

Forums

[resolved] WP 3.4 - 404 on any new post - permalink not working - shortcode works (7 posts)

1. cinbrad
    Posted 2 years ago #

Using WP 3.4 After update, I have one post that gives me a 404 error. This problem also happens on any new post created and published.

I get the error even from the preview post screen. I can access post by using shortcode.

My permalink setting is /%post_id%/%postname%/
    I've tried saving permalink settings again and it states it's updated but still get 404.

2. cinbrad
    Posted 2 years ago #

Change permalink to default...save settings and then change to custom and it now works.

3. DawnsDelightsArt
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thank you, you are the first person all day that has had helpful information on getting rid of the 404 link

4. cinbrad
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm glad that this helped you! My first resolved problem on my own.

5. suhayse
    Posted 2 years ago #

I had the same problem and this fix worked for me as well. I have several WordPress sites and this was a problem with only one of the site hosts. Thanks cinbrad!

6. rcbrothers1
    Posted 2 years ago #

I upgraded to wp3.4 and immedialtey all in-bound and internal links are broken. Neither this remedy nor any others suggested in wp support forums have helped.

7. sasch9r
    Posted 2 years ago #

This is caused by a plugin (I'd say it's Jetpack) not by the 3.4 Upgrade! I updated my plugins first and all links are broken.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic