Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter honkeyz420

(@honkeyz420)

A little follow-up: if I change my permalink settings, then click on the episodes link, it brings up the Home page.

Plugin Contributor Hugh Lashbrooke

(@hlashbrooke)

Hi there,

This sounds like you have another plugin (or your theme) conflicting with SSP. The permalinks for episodes, etc. in the plugin use the built-in WordPress permalink rules so there shouldn’t be anything funny going on.

What do you mean by “it does an automatic search” – there’s no search functionality built into SSP, so if something like that is happening then it has nothing to do with this plugin.

Cheers,
    Hugh

Thread Starter honkeyz420

(@honkeyz420)

I meant that WordPress itself does the automatic search for pages or posts.

I did, however go through and deactivate all other plugins, one-by-one, and I still get the same issue.

(@hlashbrooke)

I’m still not sure what you mean by the ‘automatic search’. Where/when does that happen?

If you deactivated your other plugins and you still get this issue then try switching to one of the default WordPress themes (Twenty Twelve, etc.) and see if that helps – themes can conflict just as easily as plugins can.

Cheers,
    Hugh

Thread Starter honkeyz420

(@honkeyz420)

It seems the automatic search thing was a product of the theme I am using. Switching to a theme like Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Fourteen doesn’t change anything.

(@hlashbrooke)

I’m afraid I can’t think of any reason that this wouldn’t be working for you. SSP doesn’t use any non-standard post type registration and uses all of WordPress’ built-in functions and templates to handle things, so there’s no reason that this wouldn’t work. The only think I can think of (once you’ve tested with Twenty Twelve and all other plugins disabled) is that your server is preventing correct URL rewriting, but that is a bit of a fringe scenario.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error Message when Clicking on Episode Page’ is closed to new replies.