404 Error in Admin Panel (5 posts)

1. BarcelonaFlats
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hey I'm having a problem on the admin panel for my blog. Whenever I try to go to the 2nd page of something (for example Posts or uploaded media), it always gives me a 404 error. I've identified the problem but don't know how to fix it. I'll illustrate it better below:

Here's the URL for page 1 of my Media library:

But when I click to go to Page 2 I get the 404 error... the URL looks like this:

When I remove the /cms5 from the previous link, it works and I can see Page 2. How do I get that /cms5 part removed from the links? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you!

2. jnhghy
    Posted 3 years ago #

please check the settings from wp-admin Dashboard -> settings -> General : make sure the site address and wordpress address are correct.
    If they are, change your permalinks settings to default to see if this fixes the issue.

3. BarcelonaFlats
    Posted 3 years ago #

I tried both and still no luck...

4. BarcelonaFlats
    Posted 3 years ago #

It seems to happen anywhere in the admin panel when trying to go to the next page. Even if I'm looking at the results from a plugin search and go to page 2, same thing happens...

5. jnhghy
    Posted 3 years ago #

Are you using seo plugins? if you do deactivate them, also check if you have an htaccess file in the wordpress root folder if you do rename it or make a copy of it and then remove it to make sure it's not it that causes this issue.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic