• Resolved swissspaceboy

(@swissspaceboy)

Hello,

I have moved to this plugin to handle my sitemaps.

I get 404 errors when opening sub-sitemaps (using indexes). I checked all the recommendations and even added some Apache .htaccess rewrite rules. I can open the main sitemap, but not the sub-sitemaps.

When submitting to Google, he gets a 404 too 🙁

BUT when disabling the sitemap index (so having one map with all 103 links), then the 404 is gone for me and for Google ! I use this now as a workaround.

I have this problem on an alias domain and using Polylang. I refreshed my pretty links but it didn’t work.

Is this a problem with Polylang? I only have one language for now so the URLS are not changed by Polylang.

I spend 1-2h yesterday reading a lot of stuff, but I cannot get it working using sitemap indexes.

Thanks for any advice.

Didier.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Plugin Author arnaudbroes

(@arnaudbroes)

Hi Didier!

The fix for this is going to be included in our next release, 4.2.1, which will be released at the end of this month. We’ve already finalized development on the next version and are currently doing QA on it.

The rewrite rule improvements were ready for 4.2.0, but in the end we punted it to 4.2.1 because we decided to get rid of our rewrite rules entirely and go with a different approach that should prevent any conflicts in the future. In our opinion, the rewrite rules of WordPress do not work very well, and we wanted a more sturdier system.

Thread Starter swissspaceboy

(@swissspaceboy)

Hello,

OK, thanks for the update. Quality before Quantity I always say.

Take care!

Didier.

Plugin Support Steve M

(@wpsmort)

Hi @swissspaceboy,

We’ve now released All in One SEO version 4.2.1 which fixes the issue you reported here.

Thread Starter swissspaceboy

(@swissspaceboy)

Thanks for the info on the update. I will gladly test it out soon.

Didier.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error for sitemap indexes’ is closed to new replies.