• Hi! I’ve been setting up a WordPress site for a local club for boat owners.

http://www.rymarina.dk/wp/ – Yesterday they had been editing some of the pages and today they called me that the page had stopped working.

Every single page is leading to a 404 Page. And I can’t seem to get it working.
    As you can see you can still see parts of the theme, including background, header and so on but all of the framework seems to be gone, and the homepage is 404’d.

Can any of you see through this error? I’ve tried deleting the .htaccess, reuploading the whole page, getting WP to debug via define('WP_DEBUG', true); but I didn’t get any error messages. I’ve also tried changing the permalinks in phpMyAdmin, changing the theme in phpMyAdmin but nothing seems to be working.

It seems to be a database problem.

Thanks.

Martin Bendix

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Try:
    – switching to the default theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.

resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.

– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.

Thread Starter martinbendix

(@martinbendix)

Thanks you for your answer, esmi.

I can report that it didn’t solve the issue.

I’ve tried backing up my MySQL database and installing a clean version of WordPress, which works like a charm. So I’m almost certain that it’s a database issue.

Is there any way to export the websites content; pages, media and so on? Remember that I can’t access the WordPress settings. Can I export/import individual parts of the MySQL database that contains these data – could that even be a valid solution?

Thanks,
    Martin Bendix.

What happens if you use the default permalink structure?

Thread Starter martinbendix

(@martinbendix)

Still getting 404 when I try to login. And it just says:

The requested URL /wp-login.php was not found on this server.

Isn’t there a way to export user information, pages, posts, menu and so on without accessing the WordPress settings?

You could try making a backup copy of the database and importing into a new database.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error! Doesn't seem like a permalink issue!’ is closed to new replies.