Support » Plugin: Shield Security: Protection with Smarter Automation » 404 Error after site migration

• Resolved Chris

(@clang777)

Hi Paul,

The plugin was working great in our test site. When we moved the files over to our live site, we must have somehow deleted the related htaccess file. We couldn’t login to the WP dashboard unless we deleted WP Simple Firewall. It generated a 404 error every time we tried to download and activate the plugin (via the WP dashboard).

Would love to use the plugin again.
    Please advise.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-simple-firewall/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Author Paul

(@paultgoodchild)

What page(s) were generating a 404 error?

I couldn’t login to the WP dashboard area (back end) on the new site. It wasn’t until we called our web host, and they disabled (and deleted) WP Simple Firewall plugin that we were able to login via wp-login page. After I logged in, I then re-downloaded the firewall plugin. When, I clicked “Activate plugin”, the WP Simple Firewall locked me out of the site again.

Plugin Author Paul

(@paultgoodchild)

I’d be curious… Do you have the rename WP login option enabled? And if so, could you try resaving your permalinks?
    Then re-enable the plugin?

Sorry what is “remane” WP login option?

Plugin Author Paul

(@paultgoodchild)

*rename WP login

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. I don’t see an option to enable/disable renaming of the WP login in the dashboard area. I know I re-named the login when the plugin was active, but since it’s not installed presently, I don’t know if you mean a native option within WordPress itself?

Plugin Author Paul

(@paultgoodchild)

The rename WP login is under the login protection section.

Try this and it’ll reset the plugin back to default settings:
    https://icontrolwp.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/3000040181

Ok, that did the trick! It’s now activated and showing in my dashboard without locking me out. 🙂

Thanks for the help Paul.

Plugin Author Paul

(@paultgoodchild)

Great! May I ask if you could leave us a nice review on WordPress.org? I’d really appreciate it! 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error after site migration’ is closed to new replies.