• Resolved xuum

(@xuum)

So this started a few hours ago

I can’t access any pages on my website including the admin cp. The same error comes up all the time

”Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

I went into my webhosts cp and updated wp through there (at least i think i did) and i’ve tried deactivating all plugins and then trying to access my website but to no avail. (though there were a few plugins that it wouldn’t let me deactivate)

I have no idea on how to go about trying to resolve this and there is just too much information on here for me to try and find a solution myself.

This came at a really bad time for me as well as my website is based on a popular game which is due to release in 2 days and i have a lot of content to upload :/

My website: http://www.bladeandsoulzone.com

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Possibile causes:
    – bad .htaccess configuration
    – bad wp-config.php file
    – problems on the server
    – problems with the domain name

try disabling all you plugins by :

In your WordPress database, go in the wp_options table. Locate the option name “active_plugins”. Now edit the value of that option and change it to this: a:0:{}

or

remaining your plugins directory, something like plugins.deactivated via FTP.

In you hosts cp do you have access to the web server access/error logs, as they may shed some light on whats falling over and creating the 404.

Go to your webhosts cPanel > File Manager.
    Go to wp-content > plugins
    Rename all your plugins by adding “TEMP” behind each of their names.
    This will disable all your plugins.

Then go to wp-content > themes
    Rename the theme that you are using the same way as you did the plugins.
    This will force your site to use the default theme (…if you did not uninstall it)

See if you can login (www.bladeandsoulzone.com/wp-login.php)

Thread Starter xuum

(@xuum)

Thanks for the swift response. I will try them and post my findings.

Thread Starter xuum

(@xuum)

Decided to check my other websites too and i’m getting the same error on every website.. (they all use wordpress)

Are all your sites with the same host?
    If so, the problem may lie with your host and you should contact them.

Thread Starter xuum

(@xuum)

@neo indeed they are, i guess i should have checked all my websites first as it makes more sense that the issue is on their side since their all down.

Thanks.

Thread Starter xuum

(@xuum)

So it was an issue with my host and not wordpress, sorry for making this thread but thanks to those who offered me advice.

No problem. At least you found the cause.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error’ is closed to new replies.