Support » Plugin: Network Latest Posts » 404 error

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Jose Luis SAYAGO

(@iluminatus)

Hello, I am currently migrating sites. So there will be a new URL for this plugin and its documentation.

There are plenty of sites using Network Latest Posts, one of them is Bouvé College of Health Sciences of Northeastern University.

What this plugin does is pulling posts from all blogs in a WordPress Network and display them in any of them or the root network site. It does not pull cross-site posts (individual WordPress installed in different domains) though.

If you need further information please let me know.

Hi Jose Luis,

thanks for the quick reply. What I would like to know: is it possible to limit the posts that are pulled from the subsites to a certain post-category? I would like the authors on the subsites determine themselves whether or not a certain post will be published on the main site by choosing a second category (for example ‘main’) for this type of posts.

And is some kind of shortcode generator available to build an overview page, so not just a list in the sidebar? Or do I have to use a plugin like Widgetize Pages Light or similar?

Plugin Author Jose Luis SAYAGO

(@iluminatus)

Hi Marion:

1.- Indeed it is possible, actually that’s the same logic applied by the Bouvé College site, there is a “category” parameter to filter posts.

2.- In every post page there is a shortcode helper (icon located in the editor’s menu bar) which allows you to fill in the parameters required, or you can also write your own shortcode like this:

[nlposts number_posts=10 category=frontpage]

This will pull 10 posts from EACH blog under category “frontpage”.

I hope this information helps. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Kind regards,
    José SAYAGO.

thanks! I’ll have a go at it. Looks like it’s exactly what I was looking for.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error’ is closed to new replies.