Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

thanks for your post, and sorry for the trouble.

To be honest, I’m not really sure why this happens for you. From what I can see, the file exists and can be accessed just fine.
    As this is a font file in the Internet Explorer format, you should check, if the tables correctly show the sorting and pagination arrow icons (as that’s what the font is used for). If so, you should not have to worry about this message.

Regards,
    Tobias

Dont know ig it is the same problem, but as you read all updated topics will just use this to make you aware of small bug making EOT font with 404 error.

Tablepress-combined.min.css make weird things with src URL. and it have to end with double domain name in path, then of course in 404. Believe it is something very small, but check what it is about.

@font-face{font-family:TablePress;src:url(//www.mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/tablepress/css/tablepress.eot);src:url(//www.mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/tablepress/css/tablepress.eot?#ie) format(’embedded-opentype’),url(data:application/x-font-woff;`

———

Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

that CSS looks correct. The URL has to appear twice there, to account for the different formats that fonts can be delivered in.

Regards,
    Tobias

Yslow shows path with 404 error like this:

http://www.mysite.com//www.mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/tablepress/css/tablepress.eot?#ie (status: 404)

Is that OK ?

Problem is relative versus absolute links.

Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

those URLs look wrong indeed, but this should be a problem with Yslow. It looks like it does not understand the protocol-relative URLs (see e.g. http://www.paulirish.com/2010/the-protocol-relative-url/ for details).
    All browsers do understand this however, so no issues here.

Regards,
    Tobias

You dont understand me. When i sad twice i didnt mean mention twice in CSS file, but in the path is domain name output twice, as in this second link.

And non of the browsers can find font, it is pure 404 error. Yslow is irelevant. I know it is for IE, but tried pasting direct link in different browsers.

When i delete manually everything before /wp-content/…. all is OK then.

Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

no, I did understand, I think. You are saying that the problem is

http://www.mysite.com//www.mysite.com/

But you only see that in YSlow, right? Or do you see this in the TablePress CSS file as well? In the short piece of code that you posted above, everything is correct, with //www.mysite.com/. Or is that not what you have in the CSS file?

Regards,
    Tobias

Maybe it is only in Yslow, cannot see it in other browser inspectors.

I am interessted in this mostly because of Transposh and Super cache. To know all is OK, to not get some future problems.

How to send private message here ? If i dont want put URL in public.

Plugin Author TobiasBg

(@tobiasbg)

Hi,

private messages are not possible here, but you can send me an email (the address is in the main plugin file “tablepress.php”).

Regards,
    Tobias

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error’ is closed to new replies.