Support » Fixing WordPress » 404 constantly appearing when posting

• About 80% of the time I am in my site to do anything: post pages or posts, edit ANYTHING, including adding photos/media, I get directed to my 404 page. I have to constantly keep retrying to post, and now doing anything on my site takes about 5 times longer than it should. It’s driving me NUTS.

I have no idea why this is happening; it’s been doing this for about 2 months.

I’m wondering if there is a corrupt file that is causing this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Same problem here on a local installation. Wish I was writing with a solution. No one has answered me on my question so far, but I’ve seen suggestions about checking permalinks with 404 problems. None of it seems to give much info. Good luck and if I find out anything I’ll look you up.

sjfbarnett, I did seem to get my pages to preview after publishing by simply resetting the permalinks to default. Try that if you havent yet.

I have had the same problem and PSchuster advice helps, but as fast as I change permalinks back to custom I´m back to 404. Maybe its an error on the 305 version of wordpress?

Thread Starter sjfbarnett

(@sjfbarnett)

I’d rather not have to change the permalinks and lose any links to these pages.

This was happening before I updated to 3.0.5. The last version I had installed was 3.0.1. Same thing…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘404 constantly appearing when posting’ is closed to new replies.