WordPress.org

Support

Support » Localhost Installs » [Resolved] 403 security problem when swapping wordpress folder

[Resolved] 403 security problem when swapping wordpress folder

• Hi,

Before starting, here are my system specs:

I am running wordpress on the bitnami software stack for wordpress, versions 3.4.2. (Bitnami comes with it’s own apache installation.)

I have an interesting problem. I re-installed WordPress, and the installation was successful. However, I didn’t want to lose the themes, plugins, and content I had from my old installation. So, I tried to swap out the ‘apps/wordpress’ folder. When I do this, I get a 403 security error. I gave all permissions to all the subfolders in my bitnami installation. Any ideas?

David

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • David–Your best bet is to transfer the files at the wp-content folder to the new install and that should include all of your installed themes and plugins. For the content, you would have to use a database transfer program.

Hi jv8080,

Thank you. That worked…I guess that makes sense. If you replace the wordpress install you would have to update the configuration and databases.

Glad that worked.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 403 security problem when swapping wordpress folder’ is closed to new replies.