• Hello,

I’m hoping that I can get some help on an issue I’ve run into. Two days ago I set up the latest version of wordpress in the root of this site I’m working on. I just needed to add a blog page and a page for files to be downloaded, videos etc. Everything installed just fine and I was able to create my custom theme, no problems. I login the next day an after I enter my user/pass I get sent to /wp-admin/ with a 403 Forbidden error. What gives?

Is this a permission error? All my wordpress folders are set to 755 and I even contacted the host on this and they tell me it’s a wordpress issue.

Anyone else have this problem before?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hi,

Add this code in htaccess and have a check:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
        SecFilterEngine Off
        SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

Thanks,

Shane G.

Thread Starter slidepiece

(@slidepiece)

Thanks for the code and quick response Shane. That did not seem to solve my issue either. Here is my htaccess file right now, does it take some time to be refreshed by the server?

<IfModule mod_security.c>
        SecFilterEngine Off
        SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /devsite/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /devsite/index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

DirectoryIndex home.php

Anything else you can think of?

Thanks for the help!

DirectoryIndex home.php

What is this for? What happens if you remove it?

(@slidepiece)

Yep, that seems to be my issue. I had that in there to redirect the home page of the devsite. The site I’m working on is /devsite/index.php… when I added the wordpress install it needs the index.php also correct?

I have a directory of php pages and the wordpress install in there too. How do I get my index.php page to show up and just have the blog and other pages in the root?

I have conflicting index.php pages and I’d rather not have to code a new page and mark that as the home page in wordpress.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks for the help!

(@slidepiece)

Not sure if this is the correct way to do it but I was able to change my site page from index.php to home.php and still keep the wordpress index.php file there too.

Then in the htaccess file add this line:

DirectoryIndex home.php index.php

It seems like everything is fine now however I’m not sure this is entirely the correct way to go about it.

Any advice on this would still be helpful.

Thanks again for the help and quick responses!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document.’ is closed to new replies.