• This morning I was unable to log into my website from wp-admin.
    The screen read, “403 Forbidden. You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/ on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache Server at vcc.church Port 80”

When I tried to see if the website was present and visible for others it is also down and showing this message, “403 Permission Denied. You do not have permission for this request”

I am the graphic designer for the website and don’t know too much about the backend of website management, so if anyone can help me resolve this issue please help. I would like to get this up and running soon, as it is a company website.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Have you contacted the hosting company about this? It would seem to be server related rather than anything in WordPress.

might be a security problem. try getting in touch with hosting company or check your firewall rule

Thread Starter vineyardop

(@vineyardop)

Thank you for your insight, @esmi and @iamkingsleyf.
    We contacted the host site and they didn’t have any issues on their end.

I had someone access my website from a different physical location and they were able to access the website without problem. So it seems that our network at my workplace is not allowing me to access the site.

Has anyone had this problem before? Would this be a security issue that I can fix on WordPress?

maybe your IP is blocked try using a proxy or VPN to access the site

I’ve had a similar problem; however, I have access to my own server. I’ve checked the file and folder permissions associated with the problem area, but they all seem to be fine. Please help me I’m in a time crunch.

Once again I am getting the 403 Forbidden message. The week before Christmas it was related to a security issue, the result of a hack. The IP addresses were re-authorized so that I had access for a couple of days right after Christmas. Since Thursday night I have no longer been able to access my wp-admin site. What’s happening this time?

Please help to resolve the issue: i am trying to login wp-admin, its always showing Forbidden. and if i am searching my website in google search engine , its showing “This site may be hacked.”

How to fix this issue

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden WP-Admin access’ is closed to new replies.