• Resolved Fetch Designs

(@fetchdesigns)

I am getting the following error on any page on the second load. They load fine after flushing the cache but when they pull from the enhanced page cache this is being thrown…

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/<MY_DOMAIN>///_index_ssl.html_gzip on this server.

I can change to Disk: Basic page cache method and everything works fine. This only started appearing sometime within the last month or two when we did a WP and plugins upgrade although I’m not sure on which one it was offhand. I tried disabling all our other plugins and theme and am still getting this issue.

We have reproduce this on both our production and our local environments. When I check the permissions of this file on my local (which is running a fairly clean install of MAMP Pro with apache running as myuser:staff) I get this……

$ ls -lah
    total 56
    drwxr-xr-x+ 4 myuser  staff   128B Jun  5 20:03 .
    drwxr-xr-x+ 4 myuser  staff   128B Jun  5 19:59 ..
    -rw-r--r--+ 1 myuser  staff    18K Jun  5 20:03 _index_ssl.html
    -rw-r--r--+ 1 myuser  staff   5.0K Jun  5 20:03 _index_ssl.html_gzip
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Thread Starter Fetch Designs

(@fetchdesigns)

Upon further inspection, we determined this is happening because we have the site locked down within the wp-content directory to help prevent malicious code execution for security purposes with the following file…

OLD: wp-content/.htaccess

# BEGIN Lock down wp-content directory
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    <Files ~ ".(xml|css|jpe?g|png|gif|js|pdf|svg|ttf|woff|woff2|woff3|otf|eot)$">
        Allow from all
    </Files>
    # END Lock down wp-content directory

We updated it to include the following extensions to the allow list: html_gzip|css_gzip|js_gzip so the new file is as follows…

NEW: wp-content/.htaccess

# BEGIN Lock down wp-content directory
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    <Files ~ ".(xml|css|jpe?g|png|gif|js|pdf|svg|ttf|woff|woff2|woff3|otf|eot|html_gzip|css_gzip|js_gzip)$">
        Allow from all
    </Files>
    # END Lock down wp-content directory
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden When using Page Cache Disk: Enhanced’ is closed to new replies.