• Resolved borderline11

(@borderline11)

I installed BulletProof and since then my BackUpWordPress gives me the message :BackUpWordPress has detected a problem. wp-cron.php is returning a 403 Forbidden response which could mean cron jobs aren’t getting fired properly

I read on another thread about removing the HEAD from the the filter… I dont know if it also applies to this error but in any case I don’t know what exactly I need to remove
    thanks!

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bulletproof-security/

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Yep it applies to this issue as well. I just posted that BackUpWordPress plugin “fix” about 1 hour ago here >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2252/bulletproof-security-plugin-support/checking-plugin-compatibility-with-bps-plugin-testing-to-do-list/#back-up-wordpress

Thread Starter borderline11

(@borderline11)

Ok thank you.
    Please can you tell what exactly I need to remove from that chunk of code? The word HEAD?

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Yep remove/delete the HEAD Request Method and leave the rest.

Thread Starter borderline11

(@borderline11)

Thank you !

Hi there,

I’m trying to understand these instructions. Would you post a step by step way of fixing this? I’m not sure where this code goes, or should this code be used to be remove it.

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Modifying this BPS nuisance filter ONLY applies to folks who are using the BackUpWordPress plugin or another plugin that needs to make a HEAD Request or if someone/anyone would just like to allow HEAD Requests in general. This filter is ONLY a nuisance filter that blocks mainly junk bots and spam bots from making HEAD Requests. So with all of this said to modify this BPS nuisance filter you would do these steps:

1. Go to the BPS Edit/Upload/Download tab page.
    2. Click the “Unlock htaccess File” button if your root .htaccess file is locked.
    3. Click on the “Your Current Root htaccess File” tab.
    4. Scroll down in your root .htaccess file until you see this code below.

# REQUEST METHODS FILTERED
    # This filter is for blocking junk bots and spam bots from making a HEAD request, but may also block some
    # HEAD request from bots that you want to allow in certains cases. This is not a security filter and is just
    # a nuisance filter. This filter will not block any important bots like the google bot. If you want to allow
    # all bots to make a HEAD request then remove HEAD from the Request Method filter.
    # The TRACE, DELETE, TRACK and DEBUG request methods should never be allowed against your website.
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(HEAD|TRACE|DELETE|TRACK|DEBUG) [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F,L]

5. Remove “HEAD” from the BPS nuisance filter as shown below.

# REQUEST METHODS FILTERED
    # This filter is for blocking junk bots and spam bots from making a HEAD request, but may also block some
    # HEAD request from bots that you want to allow in certains cases. This is not a security filter and is just
    # a nuisance filter. This filter will not block any important bots like the google bot. If you want to allow
    # all bots to make a HEAD request then remove HEAD from the Request Method filter.
    # The TRACE, DELETE, TRACK and DEBUG request methods should never be allowed against your website.
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|DELETE|TRACK|DEBUG) [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F,L]

6. Click the “Update File” button to save your editing changes and lock your root .htaccess file again.

Thank you very much!

THanks for the support. Very appreciated.

dayswithus

(@dayswithus)

Hi. I am getting the following message:

“BackUpWordPress has detected a problem. wp-cron.php is returning a 403 Forbidden response which could mean cron jobs aren’t getting fired properly. BackUpWordPress relies on wp-cron to run scheduled back ups. See the FAQ for more details.”

Suggestions please? Also, can you make the instructions as easy as possible because I am new to fixing these types of problems on my own.

Thank you!
    Nikki

http://dayswithus.com/

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

see the step by step instructions posted above.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden response BackUpWordPress’ is closed to new replies.