Support » Networking WordPress » 403 Forbidden PLEASE HELP!

• Resolved Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

I really messed up, I moved or did something with a htacces file or something like that and now when i visit my site i get ” Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /jb on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. “

What can I do?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

So now that ive deleted the htacces off the dictionary the main pag (/jb) works but not any page off of that (jb/inbox) i will get a 404 on those

Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Halfelf Rogue & Plugin Review Team Rep

Without know what you DID to cause the problem, it’s really hard to tell you how to fix it.

What is this folder /jb? Is it where you installed WP or is it your home directory?

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

Yeah its where I installed wordpress, The regualr domain is where i have my intro, you can see if you goto it after the flash intro it will redirect you to jb

(@ipstenu)

For GODS SAKE turn off autoplay on your intro! That’s just … It’s annoying as hell.

Turn off pretty permalinks (use the ?p=…) ones. Do those work?

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

Haha I know lol 😛 i made it a long time ago when I was like 12 and just was too lazy to change.

Sorry I sound like a complete idiot but how do I turn them off? I rememebr when I first started the site I had to change em but Idr anymore, Do i need to manualy go into the dash and change the URL’S?

Andrea Rennick

(@andrea_r)

Customer Care at Copyblogger Media and Studiopress

are you actually using multisite?

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

Nvm I got it and it worked!!!! 😀 thanks Ipsteni but is there and way I can get back to my reg linkS?

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

Nvm again I got the normal ones lol thanks so much dude!

(@ipstenu)

Resaving them should have rewritten the htaccess for ya 😉 Just wanted to see if it was that or something otherwise weird.

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

MY site is now loading slow as hell, is that a result of this?

(@ipstenu)

Unlikely.

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

Ok thanks

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

(RESOLVED) Please remove, when you search for my site on google this is in the first page and i would like it if it didnt,thanks

(@ipstenu)

FYI, generally we don’t remove your links unless there;s a good reason. If you post it online, Google will find it. That’s a basic rule of thumb.

Mary Jane

(@jasonbrodbeckcom)

I beg of you guys to please remove because its one of the first links and this makes me look unprofessional and I really would appreciate it

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden PLEASE HELP!’ is closed to new replies.