• Upon logging into my wp-admin page I was asked to upgrade WordPress, which I did. This did not seem to cause any issues.

I remembered that I had not backed up my site! So I installed the Backup plugin. Upon attempting to activate I was greeted by the following:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I’ve gone in and deleted that plugin with FTP, but no change.

I googled around on this topic, and could not find any consensus on what the issue might be. There seemed to be a lot of discussion about .htc access, which I am pretty unfamiliar with. In case anyone cares, my .htc access file includes only the following

Order allow,deny
    Deny from all

It is probably only a coincidence, but today I also received a very weird comment on the Hello World post that I thought was private or deleted. I was notified by WordPress about the comment and clicked on the link to moderate. Could I have been hacked?

The site is http://www.altwatt.com

Please help Obi-Wan!

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Thanks, everything is working again.

I would like to add one thing about 403 Error. Many times the web hosts have locks which they enable on your site to protect it from damage or when it taxes server resources. So, if you talk to web host , they can detail the process of white listing your IP and getting it back to normal( by lifting the lock ) .

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden on whole website including wp-admin’ is closed to new replies.