Support » Plugin: The Events Calendar » 403 Forbidden on events tickets

• Resolved dareadel

(@h2ofilters)

There is a forbidden error on the subject website after entering the numbers of ticket. I’ve searched everywhere on your site for solution, googled for help everywhere, BlueHost has assisted in increasing permission, disabled and re-enabled plugin, restored website from previous backups, none of this has helped and it’s frustrating. No one is able to purchase tickets and the event is coming up soon.

I will appreciate your urgency in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Cannot even edit any events or post new ones. I can create posts and pages but no longer possible for events.

Plugin Author Scott Kingsley Clark

(@sc0ttkclark)

I replied and posted the information you requested but the comment box automatically closed after I pressed “submit” so don’t know what happened. Was it done by WordPress security?

Please let me know what other means to send it to you.

(@sc0ttkclark)

I’m not sure what happened there, yeah the review just closed to new replies. You said you sent an e-mail, do you know what ticket number that was?

Not a ticket but an email reply to your comment

In any case, we need help very urgently

(@sc0ttkclark)

I didn’t get the e-mail you replied with, are you able to post the (redacted) debug details here?

Let me try again if WordPress will allow it. If you don’t see it after this message it may mean it’s not allowed

[ DELETED ]

It’s being held. You may have to provide another way

Moderator Jan Dembowski

(@jdembowski)

Forum Moderator and Brute Squad

@h2ofilters Please do not post large code or responses like that here, it doesn’t work after ~10 lines or so.

If you need share that data please use https://pastebin.com/ instead and post the link to that paste.

@sc0ttkclark Please provide another alternative on your website. I am not sure why you wouldn’t give me access to open a ticket on your website. This is critical and we have depended on this for ticket sales.

Event is less than a month away. We are expecting a at least 300 guests, as we do every year, and most guests find it quite convenient to buy tickets online. Had I known before now we would have ditched this plugin for something more reliable.

Plugin Contributor András Guseo

(@aguseo)

Hi @h2ofilters

Do you maybe have a security plugin on your website, like iThemes Security, WordFence or something similar?

One of their security settings can stop this forwarding to go through. I think in iThemes there is some limiting for suspicious looking or long URLs. Try switching those off and check.

A.

In my original post, I mentioned that I deactivated ALL plugins, yet the ticket plugin did not work

I just deactivated wordfence, tried the ticket, the result was the same: 403 Forbidden

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.