• Resolved Sergiy

(@se8pro)

Hello, when connecting the site to the service through your module, a link is created
    which is blocked by hosting – 403: Forbidden error (The cause of the problem may be the lack of an index file in the site directory or incorrect access rights to files and folders. But still the other modules and the site work fine)

/wp-admin/index.php?action=googlesitekit_proxy_setup&googlesitekit_code=sitekit-1234567890 .. etc

logs:
    AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/g1111/public_html/domain.com/xmlrpc.php
    ModSecurity: Warning. Match of “pmFromFile path_excludes” against “REQUEST_FILENAME” required.

I understand it blocks ModSecurity for security
    but disabling it on hosting is not recommended
    what user exceptions from rules can be registered and where (htaccess, apache or nginx, cpanel)?

I want to understand whether the module works or you need to look for analogues

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hello @se8pro ,

Thanks for reaching out to Site Kit support team.

403: Forbidden error more specifically needs to be dealt with at the host level as mod_security rules can be the reason, due to modifications in .htaccess file or incorrect file permission.

To dig more into this issue please share the following information:

1. Please share your Site Health information. You can share via form privately.
    2. At what stage are you getting this error?
    3. Were you able to setup Site Kit on the other site hosted on the same host?

Best Regards,

Plugin Support Bethany Chobanian Lang

(@mxbclang)

@se8pro Checking in here – are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please share the info requested above and we’d be happy to take a look.

Plugin Support Bethany Chobanian Lang

(@mxbclang)

@se8pro As we haven’t received a response, I’ll mark this as resolved. Feel free to open a new support topic if you continue to encounter issues, or reopen this topic and we’d be happy to assist. Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘403: Forbidden error when connecting to the service’ is closed to new replies.