• Resolved kds26

(@kds26)

Hi,

I have been clicking through my product categories this morning and have got the following error a few times.

403 Forbidden Error

If you arrived here due to a search or clicking on a link click your Browser's back button to return to the previous page. Thank you.

IP Address: 

BPS Plugin 403 Error Page

I just want to make sure my customers aren’t getting the same message. Can you think of a setting that I might need to change? I haven’t seen this before, but I have recently updated the plugin.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Since this is an intermittent problem then most likely your Permalinks are fine, but you may want to double check them. On my WooCommerce test site these are the Permalinks settings below. Settings > Permalinks…

Custom Structure: /%post_id%/%category%/%postname%/
    Product category base: product-category
    Product tag base: product-tag
    Custom base: product/

Thread Starter kds26

(@kds26)

Hi @aitpro

I was seeing the error on the frontend of the website and was not logged in. Good to know that you are not seeing the same error. I haven’t had anyone else report it but customers don’t always report issues.

I have a different permalink structure but have been running it for over a year and have not had issues before now.

Custom Structure: /%category%/%postname%/
    Product category base: product-category
    Product tag base: product-tag
    Custom base: /product/%product_cat%/

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Another possibility could have something to do with your Browser. Are you using a VPN or Proxy? Do you have any Browser Extensions/Add-ons installed? Maybe something about your Browser is duplicating the Referrer URL? I’ve done some google searches and have not found anything at all for this issue.

Thread Starter kds26

(@kds26)

Hi @aitpro

Not using a VPN or Proxy. Only extension is Kaspersky Protection. Using Firefox browser.

Thanks.

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Yep I saw that the Security Log entry showed the FireFox User Agent. So I checked things using FireFox and could not recreate the issue. The HTTP_REFERER Header field is only intended/supposed to have 1 URL (not 2 URL’s). So at this point I have no idea where that problem is coming from. It could just be a bug in 1 of your plugins that does something with website headers that is somehow duplicating the Referrer URL. For now you can use this fix so that BPS will not generate a 403 error > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wp-json-oembed-403-error-wp-jsonoembed/#post-39123, but at some point you should try to figure out what could be causing this. Unfortunately, I did not find anything regarding this type of problem in Google searches.

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Maybe do this > clone your site and make a new developer test site. So you can do testing to eliminate plugins and your theme to figure out where this issue is coming from.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden Error’ is closed to new replies.