Support » Fixing WordPress » 403 forbidden access, no FTP access

• Hello all!

I built a WordPress site for someone around 3 years ago now, and have been informed that the site is currently down. Attempts to access the site’s pages (including login) bring up a 403 Forbidden: You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

I do not host the site, but have FTP login details. Attempts to access the site via FTP to attempt to fix that way have thus far failed, it seems to connect to the server but then brings up a response of: 421 nohomedir3

I do not know what this means, having been out of touch with WordPress and site hosting for around 2 years now, and am wondering if anyone can shed any light on this issue!

Thanks

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Moderator Steve Stern

(@sterndata)

Support Team Volunteer

From the errors, it seems like something has happened on the host. Please contact them. (My suspicion — the credit card used for hosting expired and the services was stopped.)

The host may be paragon.net.uk, though that redirects to GoDaddy.

Thanks for your quick response. I have been reliably informed that payment is up to date, and the person who handles hosting has contacted them and has been told that there is no issue their end.

Moderator Steve Stern

(@sterndata)

Support Team Volunteer

Then you need access to the hosting control panel and/or FTP to check the ownership and permissions of the files. Quite clearly, the issue is at the hosting end.

421 nohomedir3 indicates that the FTP login is pointing to someplace that does not exist. Confirm the FTP connection info with the host.

Also, check the .htaccess file and that could be forcing 403 errors if done incorrectly.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Steve Stern.

Agreed, however I am unable to access the FTP. I have the correct login details, but cannot access the server, receiving the response “421 nohomedir3” whenever a connection to the server is attempted.

Have reconfirmed just now, payment is up to date.

Sorry, missed some text there, will recheck login info now.

Problem solved, the site was hacked and FTP access restricted.

Thanks for your help.

Your login page appears to be here http://www.minejewellery.me/wordpress/wp-login.php

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.