Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

“drop” would only be blocked if one of the other conditions are being used in the Query String: (;|<|>|'|"|\)|%0A|%0D|%22|%27|%3C|%3E|%00) and I do not see that any of these conditions are in the URL that you posted.

This is the SQL Injection security filter in your root .htaccess file. As an experiment/test remove drop| from the security filter and see if this is actually the problem. Typically what actually occurs in these cases is that your feed has a dangerous coding character in the URL and that is what is actually being blocked. Check your BPS Security Log for the error log entry regarding this URL error. Only post 1 error log entry for this specific error and NOT your entire Security Log. Thanks.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (;|<|>|'|"|\)|%0A|%0D|%22|%27|%3C|%3E|%00).*(/\*|union|select|insert|drop|delete|update|cast|create|char|convert|alter|declare|order|script|set|md5|benchmark|encode) [NC,OR]

Thread Starter Alexandre

(@0xcafe-1)

Hi,

I just removed the word “drop” and it works, no more 403 🙂
    Here’s the exact URL:

bloguedegeek.net /2013/01/22/mega-dropbox-killer-ou-le-successeur-de-megaupload-les-details/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=mega-dropbox-killer-ou-le-successeur-de-megaupload-les-details

Thanks!

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

Ah ok i see it now.

there are semi-colons in the Query string so that makes both conditions true. ;utm_medium. When posting this in the WordPress forum the semi-colons are being converted and are not being shown: & amp ;

That brings up an interesting issue because semi-colons are used in SQL Injection attacks. will have to look into this some more.

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

experimenting with the pre tag to see if they are displayed or outputted…

bloguedegeek.net /2013/01/22/mega-dropbox-killer-ou-le-successeur-de-megaupload-les-details/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=mega-dropbox-killer-ou-le-successeur-de-megaupload-les-details
    Nope the code is outputted/rendered and not displaying the semi-colon coding characters. oh well.

Thread Starter Alexandre

(@0xcafe-1)

Hi,

Actually I just realized that BP was uninstalled and I still had an old 46.something version of the htaccess.

I have rinstalled, updated all my htaccess and I don’t get the error anymore. The page works.

Sorry for all the trouble!

Plugin Author AITpro

(@aitpro)

LOL that is actually great then I do not have to look at the SQL Injection filter. ha ha ha. Thanks for letting me know this.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘403 for utm_campaign with "bad" word’ is closed to new replies.