• Resolved MBWD

(@mbwd)

I’ve seen similar errors in this forum but nothing that addressed my problem, so am starting a new post.

I’ve installed Wordfence at NovaScotiaFood.com and am trying to set up Google Site Kit. When I am at the step of verifying site ownership, I’m getting a 403 error: “A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.”

This error persists EVEN AFTER UNINSTALLING WORDFENCE. I’ve cleared browser and server cache and also set Cloudflare to Development Mode but it still happens.

I am also receiving a message that “You are currently running the Wordfence Web Application Firewall from another WordPress installation. Please click here to configure the Firewall to run correctly on this site.” I have been through this process about four times and it’s had no effect at all.

So, how can I correct the installation error, and how can I get Wordfence to allow me to verify site ownership for GSK?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thread Starter MBWD

(@mbwd)

Just an update: I also tried deleting Wordfence after selecting the option to remove all tables from the database. Still receiving the same error.

Thread Starter MBWD

(@mbwd)

I learned that the reason I was having this problem was because the WP install I’m running this instance of Wordfence in is actually located within the directory of another WP install (I’m on Siteground, and the setup is that I have one main domain with all other domains as subdirectories of that domain).

So, I disabled Wordfence on the main domain and am now able to authenticate GSK on the site I was trying to install it on.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘403 error with Google Site Kit’ is closed to new replies.