Support » Networking WordPress » 403 error when saving Menu

• Resolved Okoth1

(@okoth1)

Just updated to WP 5.0.1 and after that I am not able to save Menus anymore. When saving it I get a 403.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

1. What theme are you using?

2. Where did you download it from?

Theme is from scratch. Made it myself. If I am correctly (but not sure if it was with this site or another one) I after updating to WP 5.0.1 I had to press a button to update the database.

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Custom products or commercial products are not supported in these forums.

OK, I’ll check with Twenty Nineteen and come back.

Thanks

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

I’ll check with Twenty Nineteen

Are you using Twenty Nineteen theme?

But You said in previous reply that you made this theme from scratch!!!!!

Are you using Twenty Nineteen theme?

No, but I will switch to it to see if the problem persists!!!!!!!!

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Okay. To rule out a plugin or theme conflict, please attempt to disable all plugins, and use one of the default (Twenty Nineteen) themes. If the problem goes away, enable them one by one to identify the source of your troubles.

If you can install plugins, install “Health Check”: https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/ On the troubleshooting tab, you can click the button to disable all plugins and change the theme for you, while you’re still logged in, without affecting normal visitors to your site.

OK, thanks for the tip. I’m going to check with Health Check first to see what it gives. Later I will check with Twenty Nineteen, but not today anymore…

I don’t have problems with saving other stuff on the Admin pages so I’m thinking if the code to enable Menus in WP 5.0 has changed. But I’ll figure it out when I’ve time.

Thanks for the replies.

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

You are welcome 🙂

Disabling all plugins didn’t do the job. What worked was disabling mod_security on my site.

So, the question now is: what can I do to have mod_security On and a multisite without 403s when I want to save Admin options (like Ninjafirewall options or Menus)?

I’m using php 7.2. Any thoughts highly appreciated. I haven’t found any articles yet that could fix it.

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Disabling all plugins didn’t do the job. What worked was disabling mod_security on my site.

That’s weird!

There may be something else going on. Please discuss this with your hosting provider.

Their advice was to leave the mod_security disabled. I’m fine with that, but I will still try to find out what exactly is causing the error. Thing is, I can’t see any error logs…

Thanks for the replies.

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Their advice was to leave the mod_security disabled. I’m fine with that, but I will still try to find out what exactly is causing the error.

Your hosting provider should know what’s going on since they are telling you to keep it disable.

This has nothing to do with WP core.

I’m fine with that,

okay!

This has nothing to do with WP core.

OK, good to know. I’ll check my theme code once more.

Thanks

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘403 error when saving Menu’ is closed to new replies.