403 error when moving wordpress to its own subdirectory
I was following the instructions for moving wordpress to its own subdirectory at http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory for my blog loneplacebo.com. However, when I visit the site, it reports a 403.
Per the instructions, I did the following:
- Updated my WordPress and site address to http://loneplacebo.com/loneplacebo and http://loneplacebo.com, respectively.
- Uploaded WordPress files to a /loneplacebo/ subdirector folder I created in public_html
- Copied the index.php and .htaccess file to my root directory(layer before public_html).
- Changed the appropriate line in index.php to indicate the new directory location.
- Went to Permalink settings and hit save changes without modifying the existing structure
Did I miss anything?
- The topic ‘403 error when moving wordpress to its own subdirectory’ is closed to new replies.