Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thread Starter mhenschel

(@mhenschel)

I have to correct myself. I only get this error when searching for plugins with the words “Email Encoder Bundle”.
    Searching for just “email” or “email bundle” works. Very strange.

Michael

Thread Starter mhenschel

(@mhenschel)

And to be even more precise, I get this error when enabling the “Additional Firewall rules”.

Thread Starter mhenschel

(@mhenschel)

Funny, I can find the plugin as mentioned above, but I can’t install it. It says:

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/update.php on this server.

I have now come to the bottom of it. It’s the “Bad Query Strings”. When this is enabled, the plugin won’t install, activate, yes you can’t even search it. Is this strange or can this be explained?

Plugin Contributor wpsolutions

(@wpsolutions)

Is this strange or can this be explained?

No this is not strange and is easily explained because the word “encode” appears in the query params and is thus causing the bad query rules to block the request.

As we’ve mentioned before, this is why we have deliberately made our plugin flexible by creating a number of firewall rules which can be enabled/disabled to suit different sites and setups. Sometimes some of these rules may affect functionality (such as in your case) but you can always deactivate that rule if needed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘403 error when going to plugin install’ is closed to new replies.