Support » Plugin: WP-Lister Lite for eBay » 403 error trying to save a template

• Resolved ironicmoka

(@photoironic)

Hello there,

I’m trying to setup a template for product listing, but I’m unable to save even the default one: when I click on Save template I get this 403 error:

You don't have permission to access /subfolder/wp-admin/admin.php on this server.

I’m running the website in a subfolder.
    Noticeable plug-ins installed messing up with .htaccess:

– All In One WP Security
    – Wordfence
    – W3 Total Cache
    – Really Simple SSL

file permissions looks ok via ftp.

Do you ave any hint on where start looking for a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WP Lab Support

(@wp-lab-support)

Hello ironicmoka.

I am happy to assist you today.

Well, I would start by disabling all of those plugins, then trying again. If it works, try enabling them one by one until you find the culprit.

Kind regards,
    John

ironicmoka

(@photoironic)

tried disabling the plugins and deleted the .htaccess but no luck so far.

msantamaria

(@msantamaria)

Hi @ironicmoka,

I’d recommend you to please send us support ticket here – https://www.wplab.com/request-support/ so we can properly investigate with the issue.

Kind regards,

Menchie
    WP Lab Support

Plugin Author WP Lab

(@wp-lab)

I would also recommend to contact your hosting provider, because this particular error message could be caused by some kind of security mechanism on your server that is meant to block uploading certain kinds of HTML or PHP code via the browser.

If that is the case – and your hoster can’t fix it for you – then you can always edit the listing template directly via FTP. You’ll find a folder for each listing template /wp-content/wp-lister/templates/ in which you’ll find all the files that can be edited directly.

kind regards,
    Matt

ironicmoka

(@photoironic)

Thanks Menchie and Matt,

I set up a clone test installation and tried disabling all plugins this time except for WooCommerce (2.6.14) and WP Lister, even reinstalled wp 4.7.3 but looks like as Matt said the issue could be a server configuration setting.

I just wrote to my hosting provider asking about mod_secure blocking for that scenario.

I also considered editing templates via ftp but I’m concerned about one thing: as soon as no template is listed in the backend I can edit or duplicate as many default or default-with-gallery folders but I guess I’ll not be able to choose any of them when I’ll try to create a Profile because no database record about it will be written, I’m right?

I’ll let you know if hosting support can fix this,

thanks for your time.

Nic

ironicmoka

(@photoironic)

Was indeed a mod_security configuration triggered on template save, now everything looks working well.

Thanks again for your support finding a solution,

Nic

WP Lab Support

(@wp-lab-support)

Hello Nic.

Great, glad we were able to get that resolved.

All the best!
    John

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘403 error trying to save a template’ is closed to new replies.