• Resolved kbowson

(@kbowson)

Hey Futta,

Thought this would be better as it’s own thread. Searched through the support forum and couldn’t find anything either…

…My thumbs aren’t displaying. I looked through the console, and it looks like they’re getting a 403 error. I’m not experienced in this level of troubleshooting… but here’s what I’m seeing the 403 error for:

wp-youtube-lyte/lyteThumbs.php?origThumbUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FsIAi2tufxgA%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

Also seeing a note on in the console about AO’s js.

PS: read another thread of yours that talks about adding lazy load to AO. That would be AWWWEEESSOME!!!

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

(@optimizingmatters)

if the thumbs result in a 403, you probably have a security-related plugin (or component somewhere) that blocks lyteThumbs.php from being accessed kbowson?

Thread Starter kbowson

(@kbowson)

Hey there, I don’t have any security-related plugins. Just spoke to my host (WP Engine), and they tried a bunch of stuff (turning off CDN for example). Nothing worked there. Turned off any plugins that might affect it, nothing there either.

Any other ideas?

Thread Starter kbowson

(@kbowson)

Hey there, figured this out. It was the ‘cache thumbnails locally’ button. Turned this off and they immediately came back up.

Would love to have that feature though. Especially because I can optimize those images through ShortPixel.

Any idea how to get it to work?

Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

(@optimizingmatters)

well, HTTP 403 is “forbidden”, so _something_ is telling your webserver to block access to that file. Could be something in a .htaccess-file maybe if no security plugin? or .. cloudflare? 🙂

Thread Starter kbowson

(@kbowson)

interesting, thanks for the info!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Error for Thumbs’ is closed to new replies.