Support » Plugin: WP YouTube Lyte » 403 Error for Thumbs

• Resolved kbowson

(@kbowson)

Hey Futta,

Thought this would be better as it’s own thread. Searched through the support forum and couldn’t find anything either…

…My thumbs aren’t displaying. I looked through the console, and it looks like they’re getting a 403 error. I’m not experienced in this level of troubleshooting… but here’s what I’m seeing the 403 error for:

wp-youtube-lyte/lyteThumbs.php?origThumbUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FsIAi2tufxgA%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

Also seeing a note on in the console about AO’s js.

PS: read another thread of yours that talks about adding lazy load to AO. That would be AWWWEEESSOME!!!

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

(@optimizingmatters)

if the thumbs result in a 403, you probably have a security-related plugin (or component somewhere) that blocks lyteThumbs.php from being accessed kbowson?

Hey there, I don’t have any security-related plugins. Just spoke to my host (WP Engine), and they tried a bunch of stuff (turning off CDN for example). Nothing worked there. Turned off any plugins that might affect it, nothing there either.

Any other ideas?

Hey there, figured this out. It was the ‘cache thumbnails locally’ button. Turned this off and they immediately came back up.

Would love to have that feature though. Especially because I can optimize those images through ShortPixel.

Any idea how to get it to work?

Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

(@optimizingmatters)

well, HTTP 403 is “forbidden”, so _something_ is telling your webserver to block access to that file. Could be something in a .htaccess-file maybe if no security plugin? or .. cloudflare? 🙂

interesting, thanks for the info!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Error for Thumbs’ is closed to new replies.