Support » Plugin: All In One WP Security & Firewall » 403 Error caused by Bad Query Strings module

• I’m using the Directorist plugin to create a classified ads website. When a user submits an ad listing, they are supposed to see a preview, but instead they get a 403 Forbidden error.

You can see the problem URL. Here is the .htaccess rule section I removed to make things work:

#AIOWPS_DENY_BAD_QUERY_STRINGS_START
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ftp:     [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} http:    [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} https:   [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^.*(globals|encode|localhost|loopback).* [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\;|'|\"|%22).*(request|insert|union|declare|drop) [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F,L]
    </IfModule>
    #AIOWPS_DENY_BAD_QUERY_STRINGS_END

Is it possible to modify these rules to maintain some of the functionality but fix my problem?

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Contributor mbrsolution

(@mbrsolution)

Hi,

Is it possible to modify these rules to maintain some of the functionality but fix my problem?

Yes it is possible to customize the firewall rules by using the following feature Custom Rules. This is located in WP Security -> Firewall -> Custom Rules tab.

Let me know if the above helps you.

Thank you

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by mbrsolution.
    Thread Starter DickRaney

(@dickraney)

Thanks but I was actually hoping you could identify what is causing the problem and suggest the correct change to fix it.

Plugin Contributor mbrsolution

(@mbrsolution)

Hi, unfortunately I don’t know anything about the other plugin you are using. You will have to carry out a process of elimination. Start removing entries in the code until and carry out test. Do this until you come across the culprit code.

Kind regards

Thread Starter DickRaney

(@dickraney)

The .htaccess rules are for redirects if if URL matches the regex code. I provided the URL. Can you tell me how it matches against any of those redirect conditions? Since your plugin is adding those rules, I’m hoping you have a better grasp of how they work. The plugin doesn’t seem to be the problem as the error occurs even if the plugin is disabled.

(@mbrsolution)

Hi,

The plugin doesn’t seem to be the problem as the error occurs even if the plugin is disabled.

Which plugin are you referring too?

Thank you

Thread Starter DickRaney

(@dickraney)

I’m using the Directorist plugin to create a classified ads website.

(@mbrsolution)

What happens if you disable both plugins Directorist and AIOWPS. Do you still get the same error message?

Regards

Thread Starter DickRaney

(@dickraney)

Only get the error if AIOWPS Bad Query Strings module is active, as stated above.

(@mbrsolution)

Your best option is to disable this feature in our plugin for now. Then contact the developers of the other plugin and ask them for help. They should be able to pin point which part of the AIOWPS Bad Query Strings module code is causing this issue.

Let me know how you go.

Thank you

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Error caused by Bad Query Strings module’ is closed to new replies.