• Resolved kidandkid_admin

(@kidandkid_admin)

I was logged in to my blog, created a new page, then tried to change the permalink address to the new page, and now I cannot get in anywhere. I cannot even see the blog at all. Here is the blog:

kidandkid.com

All I can see is:

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache Server at kidandkid.com Port 80

So I was searching for help and found this site. It is a WordPress blog hosted on GoDaddy.
    I found this topic:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/blog-disappeared-403-forbidden

but I don’t see a phpMyAdmin area to even look at – where is this? Please suggest to me a way to get things running again, thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thread Starter kidandkid_admin

(@kidandkid_admin)

So I went to GoDaddy.com and looked for this phpMyAdmin area and didn’t see it. I did find a whole bunch of stuff an an FTP manager. Is this where I need to be? What do I do in there?

Thanks.

Thread Starter kidandkid_admin

(@kidandkid_admin)

Has anyone seen an issue like this?
    Please help a noob who made a mistake!

(@kidandkid_admin)

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

You may want to check your file permissions for the files in question. Here’s a link to file permissions:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

(@kidandkid_admin)

Thanks, Tim S. I looked at the article you pointed to and inspected my permissions in the index file but could not find the css file. Where I am looking looks a little different than what you show, but the permissions are already the way the article recommends. Here is a screenshot of what I see:

Screenshot

Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks again.

(@kidandkid_admin)

I changed the .htaccess to web-user read and it is back online! Thanks SOOOOO much for stepping up the help a noob!

I’m glad you resolved your issue. Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘403 error’ is closed to new replies.