Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author Hector Cabrera

(@hcabrera)

Hola Hansjörg!

The HTTP 403 response basically means “something tried accessing a valid resource on this server that has been restricted.”

Maybe this FAQ can help: Is WordPress Popular Posts compatible with security / firewall plugins?

Thread Starter Der-Bank-Blog

(@der-bank-blog)

Hola Hector

thanks for the quick Response. I do not use any fireall plugins.

Do you by any Chance have an idea whereelse this could come from?

Cheers
    Hansjörg

Plugin Author Hector Cabrera

(@hcabrera)

Hard to say without taking a closer look / more details. Something is keeping WPP from updating your views count obviously, if it isn’t a security/firewall plugin then my guess is that it might be a caching issue (WPP tries to update the views count using an invalid -cached- nonce, WordPress rejects the request with a 403 Forbidden response.)

(@der-bank-blog)

Thanks. But if I load the site with ?nocache, it should not come from Caching???
    Or am I misleading?

(@hcabrera)

No idea, I don’t know which caching plugin you’re using right now 😛

Assuming that appending ?nocache to the URL does what you say (force the site to return the non-cached version of the post/page), then it likely isn’t a caching issue either.

You’ll have to reach out to your hosting provider so they can help you figure out why POST requests to /wp-json/wordpress-popular-posts/v1/popular-posts/ are being blocked by the server.

(@der-bank-blog)

Still using Borlabs 🙂

I will go to my Hosting Provider

Thanks a lot for your Kind help

Cheers
    Hansjörg

(@hcabrera)

Marking as resolved due to inactivity.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘403 error’ is closed to new replies.