Support » Fixing WordPress » 403 eorror when trying to open my site !

• I haven’t been able to find an answer for this. I hope someone can help me. When I try to open my blog and screen popps up with 403 forbidden. It’s been like this for three days. I can’t even get to the login page, the same message pops up. It’s like I have been locked out somehow. Yahoo, my host, has been pretty useless so far.
    Is there anythiong I can do to get back control of my site?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Seems to be a server problem. Access forbidden: maybe the access rights to read at root level. Read it in FTP mode with filezilla.

Thanks Cryonics for the response. Bit of a idiot here, what should i read in ftp mode? Just got off the phone with yahoo and now I don’t get the 403 error just a white screen.

mrmist

(@mrmist)

Forum Janitor

Do you use an older version of the Bad Behavior plugin? If so you may need to update it.

no

The 403 message no longer appears. yahoo says it has something to do with the php which i haven’t touched and was working fine for the past two years.
    Even if so I cannot get into my wordpress control panel. If i deleted the entire blog and started over would this work? I would hate to loose all my work.

whooami

(@whooami)

yahoo is having trouble today, this weekend, whatever..its been mentioned in other threads.

yahoo hosting sucks, they should have stuck to being a search engine.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘403 eorror when trying to open my site !’ is closed to new replies.