[Resolved] 4.0-beta1 Embeds previews missing
I’ve read here: http://wordpress.org/news/2014/07/wordpress-4-0-beta-1/ that the media library finally supports YouTube etc. in “Insert from URL”.
- The problem is that when I paste URL there is no indication whatsoever if the link is correct or not.
- Another problem is that I would expect it to show YouTube player (just like it shows images) so I know what will be inserted.
- Ideally, it should have some embed settings (like disable “related videos” at the end of YouTube playback.
- Furthermore, shouldn’t there be an option to insert custom iframe for super administrators? Such iframe should be parsed and shown in the visual text editor. Otherwise it’s still very limited.
- When images are being loaded from the server (AJAX) I occasionally end up seeing completely blank view for even 5-10 seconds. There is no indication that images are being loaded.
- Minor: Upload image while creating “Post 1” and the media library window doesn’t refresh (never, even if you close and reopen it) in another window in “Post 2”. When image is uploaded all views should be refreshed on all subpages for all editors/contributors. Otherwise it limits usefulness of this window on collaborative blogs.
Lastly: This media library is not editable by an average human developer. I wanted to add there “Google Maps” option long ago but it’s not documented anyhow anywhere. Media Library is some big, complex, slow script (1s+ to perform “Insert to Post”) that nobody except for its author can edit.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] 4.0-beta1 Embeds previews missing’ is closed to new replies.