• I installed it and four additional menu items were added to the main menu of wordpress. Donations, donors, funds and seamless donations were added along side pages, posts, plugins etc. I need a donations plugin not a hysterical attention-seeking new best friend.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author David Gewirtz

(@dgewirtz)

> hysterical attention-seeking new best friend

Really? Wow. Don’t you think that characterization is kind of hysterical and attention-seeking for a review? For the record, that’s how custom post types work. Don’t worry, though, if you don’t like those dashboard menu items, there is an option in Seamless Donations that will turn them off. It’s on the Settings tab, under Settings Tweaks. Just check Compact Menus.

See? All better.

Now we can still be friends. You’ll have to be a bit nicer to make it into my BFFs club, though. Just sayin’.

–David

Thread Starter gingerling

(@gingerling)

point taken, I had had a long day and was in a foul mood. Not my usual perky self.

That said, I stand by the gist of my review: It’s …. overwhelming to install one plugin for a small component of a website (ie donations) and add a third more menu items in the backoffice.

The plugin I settled with in the end has just one top level item to manage everything.

I don’t think I have ever installed a plugin which added so much to the menu before, it’s a bit odd.

I agree that my style of writing was overly rude, I would edit it but can’t seem to find a button to do that.

Plugin Author David Gewirtz

(@dgewirtz)

OK, you’re in the BFFs club! 🙂

I do appreciate your comment, but when I moved Seamless Donations to custom post types, those menu items came along for the ride. The library I use doesn’t provide for many other options, but because some folks didn’t like it, the Compact Menus item was added. If I ever find a better way to do it, I’ll add it. I do pay attention to user preferences and keep a list of what folks have asked for.

–David

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘4 top level menu items for one plugin? No thanks…’ is closed to new replies.