• Resolved Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

Dear ndre,

First of all I would like to thank you for this awesome plugin- it is very easy for working with, also good looking for a free version.

I am quite new at developing sites, never worked with CSS before (I google everything I need), so I have five questions that drive me crazy:

– First of all, how can I change the names “next page” and “previous page”, which are shown at the bottom of product lists? For example I am using Bulgarian, but I am making an English site, so I need it translated.
    – Secondly, how can I change the distance between the product attributes- they seem to be very close and look like one field.
    – Do I need to create a page for every single product and product category. Currently I have a page named “products” and nothing posted in it. But somewhere in the settings I set the products to be shown on that page. But I have read that I have to paste shortcodes on pages. So I got a bit confused.
    – Also how can I remove the sort bar from category pages?
    – And the last question is how can I change the width of the two columns – one with product description, the second one is the image- because I have lots of unused space with those margins.

Please have in mind, that I am using a Sydney child theme, created by me, containing (footer.php) (functions.php) (header.php) product-adder.php (style.css).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

https://wordpress.org/plugins/ecommerce-product-catalog/

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Author ndre

(@ndre)

Hi, thanks for using eCommerce Product Catalog!

You can translate all the english text to bulgarian on the translation project: http://translate.implecode.com/projects/ecommerce-product-catalog

Can you provide the website URL so I can help you with the styling?

You can use shortcodes or automatic product listings. For automatic you need to enable the advanced mode in settings.

The sort bar is a widget placed in product filters bar. You can just remove it.

Thread Starter Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

Dear Ndre,

Thank you for the reply, but some of the things still don`t make sense:
    – I have installed the Bulgarian version, but I need “next/previous page” written in English, because currently they are in Bulgarian. I changed everything else, but only those two labels are hidden somewhere I cannot see.
    – The website is ivento-eu.com/products
    – As for the filter bar- mine is empty and yet, it sorting is still there. I have never added it, but I cannot remove it. I have attached photos here, to check it – https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oqg4ac3cgg3cj1l/AACuYPjxpLCKXyefAaHuHPJqa?dl=0

I would be grateful if you could help me out 🙂

Plugin Author ndre

(@ndre)

Please try this plugin to set a different language for front-end and backend: https://wordpress.org/plugins/kau-boys-backend-localization/ I never used it but it seems to do exactly what you need.

In your case the default filters bar output is set to sorting dropdown (because you have installed eCommerce Product Catalog before the filters bar was implemented). We will add an option to empty it in next version.

If you need it now you can add any widget to filters bar or add a following code to your theme functions.php file:

delete_option(‘old_sort_bar’);

after that please reload the page and delete this line of code. Your filters bar should be empty by default.

Thread Starter Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

Nope, it is still there- i tried pasting it as you have written it, I added / * and refreshed several times with every change- not moving.

And if I add a widget and leave it empty- there is a narrow white horizontal lane.

Do I paste this delete option with some symbols, because I have seen your same reply to another person, and try it so many times, but it never worked.

Thread Starter Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

As for the language- I do not want to change my theme language- I have remade everything in the plugin in English.
    Just cannot find where the words “Next/Previous page” are placed to change them in English, because mine are currently in Bulgarian. See photo attached.
    Mm also I had a question, how to make space between attributes or at least change attributes` dimensions. Also a photo attached.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oqg4ac3cgg3cj1l/AACuYPjxpLCKXyefAaHuHPJqa?dl=0

I know I am quite new and do not understand lots of it, but I made all of this by myself and now those things are almost unsolvable for me, so I seek for help.

Plugin Author ndre

(@ndre)

OK. We will add these options in the next version on beginning of next week.

Can you provide your website address so I can help you with the styling?

Thread Starter Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

Thank you very much- you are a job saver 😛
    The website is ivento-eu.com/products
    Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂

Thread Starter Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

Dear Ndre,

Thank you very much for your prompt reaction with the update. I managed to hide the filter bar, changed my pr./next pages.

So I have only one last issue to solve- how to change left column`s width (the part with text and descriptions). And of course without loosing the responsive option.

Thank you in advance!

Plugin Author ndre

(@ndre)

You can control the width with your theme CSS. e.g:

#product_details {
    width:49%;
    max-width: 49%;
    }

You can play with the % values.

Maybe in your case it would be better to increase the image size. You can do it by adding the following code to your theme functions.php file:

add_filter('product_image_size', 'my_product_image_size');

function my_product_image_size() {
    return 'large';
    }
    Thread Starter Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

Ok, I got that. The only trouble is that when I increase % of detailswidth, the column with the image doesnt allow the text to be more than 50 % and it sends the text down. How can i move the image max to the right side, without changing its size, so I can have for example 70% for details?

EDIT: I got it
    .al_product div.entry-thumbnail.product-image {
    float: right;
    width: 30%;
    text-align: center;
    margin-left: 5px;
    }

Only not sure about the margin.

Thank you very much Ndre 🙂 You are awesome 🙂 Wish you good luck and keep on with the great work.

Plugin Author ndre

(@ndre)

You’re most welcome!

You got the right CSS rule. Just make sure to place it in yout theme style.css (to not modify the plugin file). This will be enough:

.al_product div.entry-thumbnail.product-image {
    width: 30%;
    }
    Thread Starter Polly_Lts

(@polly_lts)

Yes, placed it right there.

I think that`s all for now- you can close the topic.

Thank you once more 🙂

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘5 questions’ is closed to new replies.