• Resolved wyohost

(@wyohost)

For some reason only 1 of my feeds will acknowledge the fact that it has a custom feed image. If I put in a default it will be used on 3 of the 4 feeds even if I have uploaded images to those individual feeds. If I delete the default, it still doesn’t acknowledge the fact that there are images…it shows a missing image place holder.

Any ideas?

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Author Craig Hewitt

(@podcastmotor)

Hi there. Just to confirm, you’re updating the feed image in the Feed Details area of the Podcast -> Settings area right? Not in the Series area.

If that’s the case could you try clearing your browser cache and/or checking the Series feed in Incognito mode in Chrome?

If that doesn’t do the trick then please send us over the default and Series feed URLs so we can take a closer look at what might be going on.

Thread Starter wyohost

(@wyohost)

Yes, they are the images in the podcast episode feed details. There are images assigned to the Series also.

No, there currently isn’t an active cache. If I put in a default image then it will show immediately.

Here are feed url’s that show the images, but they don’t show in the widget on the front end…

https://kpow.wyohost.com/feed/podcast/sports
    https://kpow.wyohost.com/feed/podcast/the-old-time-radio-show

Thanks a lot,
    D

Thread Starter wyohost

(@wyohost)

Ok…A little more detail…

I’m using Elementor’s posts widget to pull in the most recent post from the different series. The player is set to appear everywhere… Full content, Excerpt and oEmbed Excerpt.

If I upload a ‘featured image’ with the episode then the widget will use the featured image as the episode album art and display in the widget.

If I don’t upload a featured image to the episode and don’t have a default image set and ‘do’ have an image in the feed specific details, that image won’t appear and there will be a place holder.

If I have a default image uploaded, it will use that. It simply won’t use the album art in the specific details settings…. in 3 of the 4 feeds. I know, I know…this is odd.

It’s the 4th of 4th feeds that were set up that has the image.

3 are those feeds are the ones above the fold and the 4th is the Police Blotter down the right hand column…a simple playlist…which I really wish I could figure out how to remove the white space when there is no album art…Can you help me there also?

Thanks

Thread Starter wyohost

(@wyohost)

Here’s a screen-cast of the issue I’m dealing with…
    https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqVwri3Axp

Plugin Author Craig Hewitt

(@podcastmotor)

Hi there thanks for all the details and the screencast in particular. It really helps us narrow in on the issue. So the problem is that some of the feed cover images you’re wanting to use are not square and between 1400×1400 and 3000x3000px in size. If you have a nonconforming image size (accorrding to the Apple standards) then we will display the placeholder image next to the player.

Similarly the image to the left of the player has a few checks it performs. It checks :

– Episode image
    – Series Feed image
    – Default Feed image

If none of these are present (and the right size/shape) then the placeholder grey image will show (like you currently see in some of those instances).

so if you have a square, 1400x1400px featured image it will show in the player, if not it falls back to the Series image if it is the right size/shape, if not it falls back to the default feed image, and if that’s not the right size/shape it falls back to the placeholder.

Could you try running through those scenarios to see how that works for you?

Thread Starter wyohost

(@wyohost)

Thank you Craig…Might I suggest…

Put something, somewhere, that explains this…!

I don’t mean to be an ass…but if there was something….somewhere….that explained this, (not just giving a min size) I would have saved a hell of a lot of time, at minimum a full days work, and a lot of hair pulling.

Thanks for that feedback, I review our documentation so that we can provide additional details.

Plugin Author Craig Hewitt

(@podcastmotor)

HI again @wyohost we’ve included this in our docs now: https://support.castos.com/article/63-why-does-my-podcast-cover-image-not-display-properly

Thanks for the feedback and all your help in identifying what was going on with the images in your player.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘4 feeds and only 1 of them will show the cover image’ is closed to new replies.