Support » Plugin: Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart » 4.9.2 Update Causes Erroneous Error Messages

• Resolved collectonian

(@collectonian)

Updated my site to use Ecwid 4.9.2 tonight and now every single page and post, new or being edited, shows this message at the top:

The backup of this post in your browser is different from the version below. Restore the backup

This will replace the current editor content with the last backup version. You can use undo and redo in the editor to get the old content back or to return to the restored version.

If I click the X, it only goes away then. Reload the page and its back again. Save the page or post, and it still appears.

If I deactivate the Ecwid plug in, the messages go away. If I reactivate it, they are back.

Hopefully a quick/easy fix as the message is really annoying when doing a lot of updates.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Ecwid

(@ecwid)

Thanks for the report. We’re looking into it.

Plugin Author Ecwid

(@ecwid)

We managed to replicate the issue on our local installation and will start working on the fix shortly. I will inform you of the progress here in 1-2 hours.

Sorry for the troubles caused by this.

Plugin Author Ecwid

(@ecwid)

We located the problem.

It’s caused by one of the recent changes in our plugin and the WordPress editor. In fact, the “Restore backup” messages do not mean there is a change that has not been not saved. The restore backup messages are normally hidden, but one of our CSS changes (editor page layout tweaks) made them appear. So, all your data is safe and the warning messages are indeed erroneous.

We are now fixing it. Fix ETA 2-3 hours.

Plugin Author Ecwid

(@ecwid)

We fixed it. Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and check — the issue should be resolved.

Thread Starter collectonian

(@collectonian)

Awesome, that fixed it! Thank you for being so responsive to issues! 🙂

Plugin Author Ecwid

(@ecwid)

Great!

Thank you for reporting. That helps a lot!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘4.9.2 Update Causes Erroneous Error Messages’ is closed to new replies.