Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Hi @keneastwood,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m so sorry for the trouble here! As our plugins share much of their code base between them, these types of issues can crop up when The Events Calendar is running alongside one or more of our other plugins with a different version number. Are you able to update Community Events to the latest version and confirm whether the problem persists? Let us know what you’re able to find out!

Thank you!

Best,
    Caroline

I’m having very similar issues, although I’m not using any other event plugin. It appears as though the pages with featured images become mixed in with the Details/Organizer section. I have some screenshots below to demonstrate:

Layout without featured image, looks normal

Layout with featured image top half and bottom half of same page, looks broken.

Please let me know if there’s a fix for this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Same here πŸ™
    Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

Thread Starter keneastwood

(@keneastwood)

Hi,

Tried that (Community Events 4.3.2). Still the same. Deactivated Community Events to be sure and the problem remains.

Thank you.

Ken

Having similar issues at a time of year I don’t have the resource to personally investigate.
    Now the layout of my holiday season events looks like a dogs dinner.
    Very disappointed a poorly tested update would be rolled out at this time of year. πŸ™

Hey folks,

Sorry for the trouble here! It does appear that the meta information on the single event view is overlapping into other areas of the content. We’re working on a fix, but adding this to your theme’s style.css file or by using the CSS editor in the WordPress Customizer (Appearance > Customize) has worked for others reporting the same issue:

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-meta {
      float: left;
      width: 100%;
    }

Cheers and I hope this helps while we work on an official patch.

Geoff

Hi again,
    The meta area is ok now, but it still looks wrong. The content is squeezed on the left side….

With 4.3.5 I have the similar problem with the most space from title to text and in the widget. Example
    Before

View post on imgur.com

After 4.3.5

View post on imgur.com

and in the event
    Before

View post on imgur.com

After 4.3.5

View post on imgur.com

Thanks for study a fix in next update for remove this space

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by folletti.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by folletti. Reason: correct link image

Is it possible to dowload the preavious verion, so my layout will go back to “normal”

We are having the same issue. I added the Meta per your suggestion but it only removed the “gray” area but the formatting is still pushing everything to the left. Please advise us as you find a solution. Thanks so much! http://www.movnatdallas.com/events

I still see a thin line under the Google+ ical that seems to still be there after I added the CSS…
    image of formatting issue even after adding CSS update

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by movnatdallas.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by movnatdallas.

@luteczka & @movnatdallas,

Feel free to keep following this thread. However, we’d LOVE to help you more individually. We’ll be able to give you much better assistance if you can please open a separate thread for your similar issue. πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Here is what I did:

In the file:

the-events-calendar\src\resources\css\tribe-events-full.min

I changed 67% To 100%

.tribe-events-event-image+div.tribe-events-content{float:left;position:relative;width:67%}

It works for me…. Hope it works for you as well

Thank you @lutecska for the css. This did work and I was able to add back my featured images!
    http://movnatdallas.com/events/

Hello guys,

this code made my site the same as before the update:

.tribe-events-event-image+div.tribe-events-content {
    position: relative;
    }
    .single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-meta {
    }
    .tribe-events-cal-links{
    float:left;
    }
    .type-tribe_events {
    float:left;
    }

Tell me, if it work for You.

Regards,
    Piotrek

Hey friends,

Thanks for pitching in here, and helping each other work this one out! We so appreciate the community working together in true WordPress fashion. πŸ™‚

Please feel free to open new threads in the future should you have further plugin questions.

Thanks,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘4.3.5 Update Breaks Layout’ is closed to new replies.